OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's lacrosse team came up short against Notre Dame College of Ohio, 22-4, today at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Notre Dame 22, Olivet 4
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Notre Dame 2-3 overall, Olivet 0-5 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons led 8-0 before junior Krystin Verran scored the Comets' first goal with 21:20 left in the opening half.
- Notre Dame ended the first 30 minutes of play on a 9-0 run to take a 17-1 lead at the intermission.
- The teams alternated 2-0 runs to start the second half. Scoring the Comet goals were sophomore Paige Harcourt off a pass from sophomore Sabrina Butler, and Verran on a free-position attempt.
- After the Falcons netted a goal, Verran scored another free-position goal to make the score 20-4.
- Notre Dame scored the last two goals of the game.
FOR THE COMETS
- Verran led Olivet with three goals on six shots.
- Verran and junior Stephanie Robinson each won five draw controls.
- Butler recorded a team-high four ground balls and two caused turnovers.
- Junior Keri Hettinger collected four saves, while playing all 60 minutes in the cage.
FOR THE FALCONS
- Darbie Barkman scored 12 goals and assisted on four other goals for 16 total points.
- Halie Taylor, Ashlee Boyko and Blaike Windson scored three goals apiece.
- Boyko registered a game-high six draw controls.
- Taylor Vencl had four saves in goal.
- Olivet starts Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) play next Wednesday, April 5, with a 6 p.m. game at Saint Mary's (Ind.) College.