OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's lacrosse team suffered a 17-3 loss to Cornell (Iowa) College this afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Cornell 17, Olivet 3
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Cornell 2-1 overall, Olivet 0-3 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Rams raced out to a 5-0 lead.
- The Comets tallied their first goal with 18:14 left in the first half after junior Sabrina Butler scored on a free-position attempt from the left wing.
- After Cornell scored four more goals to go ahead 9-1, Olivet got one back when junior Kara Dishaw found the back of the cage.
- The Rams scored two more goals to make the score 11-2 at halftime.
- Cornell netted six straight goals to open the second half.
- Seniors Krystin Verran and Stephanie Robinson worked together to score the game's final goal. Robinson scored the goal, and Verran provided the assist.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet finished the game with 12 shots, including five for Butler.
- Butler and senior Katie Ordiway each won eight seven controls.
- Ordiway caused a team-high three turnovers and notched three ground balls.
- Senior Keri Hettinger saw action in goal during the first half and made 11 saves.
- Freshman Grace Forbush played the second half in the cage and had six saves.
FOR THE RAMS
- Lexi Dettbarn led all players with six goals, 11 shots and seven shots-on-goal.
- Three players each had two goals.
- Kayla Boyd played all 60 minutes in goal and collected five saves.
- Olivet is now idle until Friday, Feb. 23, when it plays a 3:30 p.m. game at Hanover (Ind.) College.