ELMHURST, Ill. – The Olivet College women's lacrosse team lost 18-2 to Elmhurst (Ill.) College in its season-opener on a chilly afternoon at Langhorst Field in Elmhurst, Illinois.
Final Score: Elmhurst 18, Olivet 2
Location: Langhorst Field; Elmhurst, Ill.
Records: Olivet 0-1 overall, Elmhurst 1-2 overall
- The Bluejays scored the first two goals of the game. The Comets dented the scoreboard for the first time with 26:50 left in the first half when senior Sabrina Butler found the back of the cage.
- Elmhurst netted 16 straight goals, eight in the first half and eight more in the second half, to go up 18-1. Freshman Alyssa Miller scored the final goal of the game with 39 seconds showing on the clock.
- In addition to her goal, Butler had a team-leading five shots, five ground balls and five draw controls.
- Miller had two draw controls and two ground balls to go along with her goal.
- Freshman Mekenzie Lamb recorded two draw controls.
- Sophomore Grace Forbush played all 60 minutes in goal. She made 11 saves and scooped-up four ground balls.
- Kalie Miller topped the team with six goals and an assist for seven points as well as 11 shots and six draw controls.
- Larisaa Arvanites also tallied seven points on five goals and two assists on 10 shots.
- Yaziria Cisneros finished with three goals.
- Marissa Vaca earned the win between the pipes, as she had three saves in 60 minutes of action.
- Olivet returns home to Michigan tonight and is right back in action tomorrow at Concordia University-Ann Arbor. Game time at Concordia Stadium is 4 p.m.