OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's lacrosse team opened Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association play with a 25-2 loss to Hope College this afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Hope 25, Olivet 2
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 0-4 overall, 0-1 MIAA; Hope 5-2 overall, 1-0 MIAA
- The Flying Dutch led 15-0 at halftime behind goals by eight different players.
- Hope netted the first three goals of the second half to go up 18-0.
- The Comets scored back-to-back goals on free-position attempts. The first by senior Sabrina Butler and the second by senior Paige Harcourt.
- The Flying Dutch scored the final seven goals of the game.
- Butler scored a goal, took three shots (two on-goal) and won five draw controls.
- Freshman Mekenzie Lamb recorded five draw controls.
- Sophomore Kea Kunz scooped-up a team-best four ground balls.
- Sophomore Grace Forbush made eight saves, while facing 33 total shots in 60 minutes of action between the pipes.
- Bridgette Lay recorded a team-high four goals.
- Carly Pieri also had four points on two goals and two assists.
- Allison Darnell and Rachel Elder each had a hat trick with three goals.
- Paige Wilmer finished with a team-best five ground balls and five caused turnovers.
- Laurel Frederickson and Helen Holt split time in goal. Frederickson played the first half and made one save. Holt played the second half and allowed two goals.
- Olivet is on the road to play Saint Mary's (Ind.) College next Tuesday, April 2, at 6 p.m.