Apr 10, 2019
Final Score: Calvin 30, Olivet 1
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 0-6 overall, 0-3 MIAA; Calvin 8-4 overall, 3-1 MIAA
- The Knights scored the first four goals in a three minute and 36 second span to start the game.
- Senior Sabrina Butler found the back of the cage for the Comets with 25:55 left before halftime.
- Calvin netted the final 14 goals of the half to lead 21-1 at the intermission.
- The Knights added nine second-half goals.
- Butler recorded two shots. She also won two draw controls.
- Sophomore Kea Kunz collected a team-high three ground balls.
- Sophomore Grace Forbush played all 60 minutes in goal and tallied 13 saves.
- Seven players scored at least one goal, and six of the seven recorded at least one assist.
- Lauryn Slachter topped the team with nine points (seven goals and two assists) on 12 shots.
- Genevieve Schneemann was next with eight points (six goals and two assists) on 11 shots.
- Jaimie Van De Burg had seven points (five goals and two assists).
- Megan Gilbert tallied five points (three goals and two assists).
- Emma Tilma notched a team-high three assists to go along with two goals for five points.
- Allyson Mesman also had five points (four goals and one assist).
- Drew Jansma rounded out Calvin's scoring with two goals.
- Alyssa Gagnon was effective on the draw control, winning 11.
- Gilbert won 10 draw controls.
- Slachter was credited with a game-high five ground balls.
- Ellis Chaifant played the first 13 minutes and 30 seconds in goal to earn the win.
- Meghan Economou finished the game between the pipes.
- Olivet is on the road Saturday to play Albion College at 4 p.m.