ALBION, Mich. – The Olivet College women's lacrosse team fell to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association co-leader Albion College, 22-2, this afternoon at Davis Athletic Complex and on Alumni Field in Albion.
Final Score: Albion 22, Olivet 2
Location: Alumni Field; Albion, Mich.
Records: Olivet 0-7 overall, 0-4 MIAA; Albion 10-3 overall, 5-0 MIAA
- The Britons took a 6-0 lead.
- The Comets got on the scoreboard with 20:01 left until halftime when senior Sabrina Butler's shot found the back of the goal.
- Albion added nine more goals to lead 15-1 at halftime.
- The Britons scored the first goal of the second half before Butler netted her second goal of the game at the 27:58 mark.
- Albion ended the game on a 6-0 scoring spurt.
- In addition to her two goals, Butler had five shots and three draw controls.
- Freshman Alyssa Miller recorded two draw controls.
- Sophomore Grace Forbush collected 13 saves in 60 minutes of action in goal.
- Kierstin Rose and Mara Ranger shared team-high honors with five goals apiece.
- Jade Barrett also had five points, including a team-best three assists.
- Abby Sheklow recorded four points on two goals and two assists.
- Barrett won a game-high eight draw controls.
- Alexis Robinson earned the win in goal.
- Olivet hosts Trine (Ind.) University next Tuesday, April 13, at 6:30 p.m.