OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's lacrosse team came up short against Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association rival Trine (Ind.) University, 22-3, tonight at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Trine 22, Olivet 3
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 0-8 overall, 0-5 MIAA; Trine 6-7 overall, 2-3 MIAA
- The Thunder grabbed a 3-0 lead in the first six minutes and 48 seconds.
- Senior Sabrina Butler scored Olivet's first goal with 22:01 left until halftime.
- Trine answered with six straight goals to go up 9-1.
- Freshman Alyssa Miller found the back of the goal at the 10:05 mark to make the score 9-2.
- The Thunder scored the final two goals of the half to take an 11-2 lead at the intermission.
- Trine netted the first two goals of the second half.
- Senior Paige Harcourt scored in the seventh minute of the second stanza for a 14-3 score.
- The Thunder tallied the last eight goals of the game.
- Olivet finished the game with 12 total shots.
- Six of the shots were by Miller.
- Miller also won seven draw controls to help the Comets finish the game with a 15-12 advantage.
- Sophomore Kea Kunz recorded seven ground balls and three caused turnovers. The seven ground balls ties for the fourth-most in school history for one.
- Sophomore Grace Forbush logged all 60 minutes in goal and made 13 saves.
- Kristin John topped all players with four goals, three assists, seven points and nine shots.
- Peri Darmofal finished with four goals and one assist for five points.
- Lauren Hall registered four goals.
- Bailey Goodwin and Shea Rayburn each scored twice.
- Alexanda Robinson recorded a team-high five ground balls.
- Emily Morthorst collected four saves to earn the win in goal.
- Olivet travels to play Adrian College Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m.