KALAMAZOO, Mich. – The Olivet College women's lacrosse team lost 21-1 to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Kalamazoo College this evening at MacKenzie Field in Kalamazoo.
Final Score: Kalamazoo 21, Olivet 1
Location: MacKenzie Field; Kalamazoo, Mich.
Records: Olivet 0-10 overall, 0-7 MIAA; Kalamazoo 5-10 overall, 3-4 MIAA
- The Hornets led 9-0 before senior Sabrina Butler scored the Comets' first goal.
- Kalamazoo found the back of the goal seven more times to lead 16-1 at halftime.
- The Hornets netted five goals in the second half to create the final 21-1 score.
- In addition to her goal, Butler had two draw controls.
- Sophomore Grace Forbush turned aside five shots in 60 minutes of action between the pipes.
- Lilly Baumann led Kalamazoo with seven points on five goals and two assists.
- Rachel Madar had six goals to go along with a game-high 15 draw controls.
- Rose Bogard and Leah Tardiff each scored twice.
- Amanda Moss finished with a team-best four assists and seven ground balls.
- Olivet hosts Alma College Saturday at noon. Prior to the game, the Comets will recognize their three seniors.