OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's lacrosse team ended its season with an 18-2 loss to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) foe Alma College this afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Alma 18, Olivet 2
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 0-11 overall, 0-8 MIAA; Alma 4-10 overall, 1-7 MIAA
- The Scots led 2-0 behind a pair of goals in the first 85 seconds of the game.
- Senior Sabrina Butler found the back of the cage with a goal with 28:09 left until halftime.
- Alma added five more goals to go up 7-1.
- Butler netted another goal before the Scots scored the final four goals of the half to hold an 11-2 lead at the break.
- Alma put seven goals on the scoreboard in the second half.
- Butler had two goals, six shots (three on-goal) and five draw controls.
- Freshman Alyssa Miller recorded four shots.
- Sophomore Kea Kunz scooped-up four ground balls and caused three turnovers.
- Junior Abbie Slater also had three caused turnovers.
- Junior Megan Sysko also recorded four ground balls.
- Sophomore Grace Forbush collected 13 saves in 60 minutes of action in the goal.
- Haley Willman topped the team with five points (four goals and one assist) and seven shots.
- Olivia Benoit had a hat trick (three goals).
- Three players – MacKenzie Chevalier, Courtney Hartnagle and Kayln Thompson – each scored two goals.
- Five players had one goal apiece.
- Benoit won a team-best five draw controls and caused a game-leading five turnovers.
- Haylee Baetz and Torri Basso shared game-high honors with six ground balls apiece.