ANGOLA, Ind. – The No. 12 ranked Olivet College wrestling team scored bonus points in five of its six individual match victories to post a 28-13 win over Trine (Ind.) University tonight at Hershey Hall in Angola, Indiana. With the win, the Comets close out the dual match portion of their schedule with a 14-4 record.
Final Score: Olivet 28, Trine 13
Location: Hershey Hall; Angola, Ind.
Records: Olivet 14-4 overall, Trine 6-3 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- At 125 pounds, freshman Cameron Mahlich pinned his man 49 seconds into the third period.
- At 133 pounds, freshman Spencer Fox overwhelmed his opponent for a 16-1 technical fall. He scored the last two points on a reversal just five seconds into the third period.
- At 141 pounds, sophomore Andre Bourlier lost a close 4-2 decision.
- At 149 pounds, sophomore Cole Hersch posted a first-period pin at 1:48 to stretch Olivet's lead to 17-3.
- The teams traded major decision victories at 157 and 165 pounds. Freshman Adam Hall suffered a 15-4 loss at 157, while sophomore Nicholas Worden won 14-2 at 165.
- At 174 pounds, sophomore Haydn Kinjorski recorded a 24-6 technical fall victory.
- Trine picked-up a pair of one-point decisions, 6-5 and 3-2, at 184 and 197 pounds.
- At 285 pounds, sophomore Jalen McFerrin-Pace claimed a 4-1 decision.
- The Comets return to the mats next Saturday, Feb. 9, when they compete at the Mid-States Conference Tournament, hosted by Manchester (Ind.) University.