ALMA, Mich. – Three second-half goals propelled the Olivet College women's soccer team past Alma College, 3-2, today at Scotland Yard in Alma.
Final Score: Olivet 3, Alma 2
Location: Scotland Yard; Alma, Mich.
Records: Olivet 4-1-1 overall, 2-0-1 MIAA; Alma 3-2 overall, 2-1 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Scots led 1-0 at halftime behind a goal by Macayla Greiner in the 27th minute.
- The Comets scored twice in a two minute and 34 second span to go up 2-1. Freshman Ashley Romanowski netted her sixth goal of the season off a pass from junior Isabelle Leon in the 52nd minute. Freshman Abby Radcliffe then scored off a feed from Romanowski in the 54th minute.
- Whitnee Foote tied the game in the 82nd minute.
- With three minutes left, freshman Marisa Lyon found the back of the net for what proved to be the game-winning goal.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet recorded 21 total shots in the victory. Twelve of the shots were on-goal.
- Leon led the way with eight total shots, placing six on-frame.
- Romanowski had a goal and assist for three points to go along with four total shots.
- Freshman Brooklyn Burel faced 19 shots and registered nine saves in the complete game performance in goal.
FOR THE SCOTS
- Foote topped the Scots five shots. Five different players recorded two shots-on-goal apiece.
- Kelsey Postema allowed three goals and made nine saves.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- In their four wins this season, a different player has scored the game-winning goal for the Comets.
- Today's game marked the fourth straight time Olivet and Alma have played to a one-goal difference.
- Olivet hosts Hope College Saturday afternoon at noon. The game is a part of a soccer doubleheader at the Cutler Athletic Complex, as the Comet men face Albion College immediately following the women's game at approximately 2:30 p.m.