OLIVET, Mich. – Junior Isabelle Leon had five points (two goals and one assist) to help the Olivet College women's soccer team blank Trine (Ind.) University, 3-0, this afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Olivet 3, Trine 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 5-2-1 overall, 3-1-1 MIAA; Trine 2-4-2 overall, 2-4 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets scored two goals in the first half. The goals were scored in the first 16 minutes and 18 seconds of the game.
- On the first goal in the sixth minute, freshman Ashley Romanowski played the ball to the feet of Leon who sent a shot from three yards out into the net.
- The duo reversed roles for the second goal, as Leon fed Romanowski for the goal from six yards out to the same far post.
- Olivet scored its last goal with 10:26 left in the game when Leon sent a shot into the goal at the near post after getting a passing from freshman Maya Prewitt.
FOR THE COMETS
- In addition to her five points, Leon took a team-leading nine of the Comets' 24 shots.
- Romanowski had a goal and an assist for three points to go along with six shots.
- Sophomore Emma Essen and freshman Abby Radcliffe each had two shots.
- Freshman Brooklyn Burel posted her second shutout of the season, making seven saves in the complete game performance.
FOR THE THUNDER
- The Thunder recorded 14 shots in the game.
- Gigi Jarratt and Carly Osinski had three shots apiece.
- Goalkeeper Kristina Veljovic surrendered the three goals and collected eight saves.
- The Comets are on the road Saturday to face Albion College at noon.