OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's soccer team started the second half of its Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) schedule with a 2-1 win over Adrian College today at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Olivet 2, Adrian 1
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 7-4-1 overall, 5-3-1 MIAA; Adrian 5-6-1 overall, 3-5-1 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Comets wasted no time in taking a 1-0 lead as junior Isabelle Leon found the back of the net only 59 seconds into the game. Freshman Maya Prewitt provided the assist on the goal.
- The Bulldogs answered by evening the score in the eighth minute on a goal by Sofia Farah.
- Both teams had chances to score the go-ahead goal, with the keepers stopping them.
- Olivet broke through with four minutes left in the game. Leon sent a shot towards the net but the ball deflected off an Adrian player and into the net for an own goal.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet took 14 shots in the game.
- Leon led the way with four, placing half on-frame.
- Freshman Ashley Romanowski recorded three shots.
- In goal, freshman Brooklyn Burel faced 27 shots and collected 10 saves. Olivet's back line also prevented two shots from going into the net.
FOR THE BULLDOGS
- Farah and Mackenzie Wilcox each finished with a game-high eight shots.
- Keeper Haley Barnes made six saves.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- With the win, the Comets move up into a tie for third-place in the MIAA standings with 16 points.
- The Comets host Saint Mary's (Ind.) College Friday afternoon at 4 p.m.