ALBION, Mich. – Senior Isabelle Leon had a trick and an assist to lead the Olivet College women's soccer team to a 4-0 shutout win at Albion College this evening on Alumni Field and inside the Davis Athletic Complex in Albion.
Final Score: Olivet 4, Albion 0
Location: Alumni Field at Davis Athletic Complex; Albion, Mich.
Records: Albion 7-6-1 overall, 6-5-1 MIAA; Olivet 11-5 overall, 9-4 MIAA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Leon's first goal came at the 16:01 mark.
- The Comets stretched their lead to 2-0 in the 36th minute. Senior Rachael Durocher scored the goal after receiving a pass from Leon.
- The score remained 2-0 at halftime.
- Leon netted her second goal only 74 seconds into the second half.
- Leon completed the hat trick in the 60th minute. Sophomore Abby Radcliffe was credited with an assist on the goal.
FOR THE COMETS
- Olivet finished the game with 10 shots.
- Leon's three goals were on her three shots in the game.
- Durocher and junior Emma Essen each took two shots.
- Freshman Samantha Gifford earned her first collegiate shutout win in goal. She faced 17 shots and made nine saves.
FOR THE BRITONS
- Emily Brittain and Samantha LaRocca recorded three shots apiece.
- Maggie Troost suffered the loss in goal.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Leon's hat trick is the third for her career. The seven points ties for the fourth-most points in a game in school history. In addition, Leon has 39 points in 2017, which is tied for fourth-most in a season.
- With her assist, Leon moved into second all-time at Olivet with 24 career helpers. She also has 50 career goals for 124 points. The all-time record for assists is 26 by Jamila Faraj from 1998-2001.
- With the win, the Comets maintain their tie for second-place in the MIAA standings. The 11 wins equals the 2015 team for the fourth-most victories in a season, while the nine MIAA wins is the most in school history for a season. The previous high was eight in 2015.
- Olivet plays its final three regular season games at home, beginning Saturday when Adrian College visits the Cutler Athletic Complex for a 3 p.m. contest.