NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. – Behind goals by six different players, the Olivet College women's soccer team blanked Manchester (Ind.) University, 6-0, this afternoon at Good Field in North Manchester, Indiana.
Final Score: Olivet 6, Manchester 0
Location: Good Field; North Manchester, Ind.
Records: Manchester 0-2 overall, Olivet 2-0 overall
- The Comets peppered the goal early and often, recording six shots in the first 18 minutes and 39 seconds.
- Olivet broke through when sophomore Chelsie Smith scored the first goal in the 28th minute after receiving a pass from sophomore Miranda Gale.
- The Comets kept the pressure and two freshmen worked together to score a goal in the 31st minute. Amelia Northern netted the goal and Kaylee Richardson earned the assist.
- Olivet ended the half with two goals in a three and one-half minute span.
- Freshman Lauren Maybee scored the first goal, with sophomore Elle Chapin-O'Leary picking-up the assist at the 37:27 mark.
- Richardson added the second goal, with Northern earning the assist at the 40:55 mark.
- There was no more scoring until late in the game.
- Gale put her shot in the back of the goal and senior Emma Essen had the assist in the 79th minute.
- Senior Kaitlin Irish capped the scoring with a goal in the 82nd minute, with junior Maddy Lewitt receiving credit for the assist.
- Olivet finished the game with 31 total shots, including 21 on-goal.
- Essen and sophomore Samantha Torres each recorded five shots.
- Sophomore Samantha Gifford played the first half in goal and made one save. Freshman Mekenzie Lamb was in goal for the final 45 minutes and did not make a save. Both keepers faced two shots.
- Four different players had one shot apiece.
- Caroline Smith was the losing goalkeeper. She played all 90 minutes and collected 15 saves.
- All of the goals was the first collegiate tally for each player.
- Chapin-O'Leary's assist was her first collegiate point.
- Olivet opens its home schedule with two contests this weekend inside the confines of the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet. On Saturday at 2 p.m., the Comets face Anderson (Ind.) University and on Sunday at 4 p.m., they play Dominican (Ill.) University.