OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's soccer battled to a 0-0 double overtime draw against Anderson (Ind.) University in its home-opener today at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Olivet 0, Anderson 0 (2OT)
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Anderson 1-1-1 overall, Olivet 2-0-1 overall
- The teams combined for 10 total shots in the contest.
- Olivet had four shots – two in the first half, and one each in the second half and second overtime period.
- The Ravens finished with six shots – three in the first half, and one each in the second half and both overtime periods.
- Four players recorded a shot. Junior Abby Radcliffe had the only shot-on-goal.
- In the goal, sophomore Samantha Gifford played all 110 minutes and collected five saves.
- Emily Buchman and Katie Frazer tallied two shots apiece.
- Allyson Saylor was in goal for the entire game and had one save.
- Today's score was the 13th time in school history that Olivet has tied an opponent 0-0. It's only the second 0-0 tie against a non-conference opponent.
- Today's game was the third all-time meeting between the Comets and Ravens. The Comets have a 2-0-1 lead in the series.
- Olivet rests tonight and hosts Dominican (Ill.) University tomorrow afternoon at 4 p.m.