OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's soccer team was shutout by Dominican (Ill.) University, 3-0, today at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Dominican 3, Olivet 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Dominican 2-2 overall, Olivet 2-1-1 overall
- Josseline Williams scored two goals for the Stars in the first 16 minutes in the game. The second tally was a penalty kick.
- Between the two goals, the Comets had a good chance to score when senior Emma Essen's sailed just over the crossbar.
- Dominican added to its lead in the 62nd minute. Off a corner kick, there was a scrum in the box where Tania Paez sent a shot into the goal at the far post.
- Olivet had just three shots. Sophomore Miranda Gale's shot was the only one to be placed on-goal.
- Sophomore Samantha Gifford started in the goal, and made two saves in 76 minutes and 39 seconds of action.
- Freshman Mekenzie Lamb finished the game in goal and did not have to make any saves.
- Dominican finished with 10 total shots, including six for Williams.
- Williams also tallied an assist to give her five points.
- Paez recorded three shots.
- Abbey Brown picked-up the win in goal.
- Olivet is on the road Tuesday afternoon to play Heidelberg (Ohio) University at 4 p.m.