TIFFIN, Ohio – The Olivet College women's soccer team defeated Heidelberg (Ohio) University, 3-1, this evening at Hoernemann Stadium in Tiffin, Ohio.
Final Score: Olivet 3, Heidelberg 1
Location: Hoernemann Stadium; Tiffin, Ohio
Records: Heidelberg 3-2 overall, Olivet 3-1-1 overall
- The Comets took a 1-0 lead in the 22nd minute. Senior Emma Essen dribbled the ball down the left side of the field, and sent a pass to feet of sophomore Chelsie Smith in the middle of the box. Smith tapped the ball into the center of the goal from 11 yards out.
- Essen stretched Olivet's lead to 2-0 with a goal in the 59th minute. Sophomore Samantha Torres sent a long pass down the right flank. Essen ran the ball down and after dribbling it for 20 yards, she sent a shot into the back of the goal from three yards at the near post.
- Heidelberg scored its goal in the 69th minute.
- The Comets capped their scoring in the 88th minute when junior Abby Radcliffe's shot from 25 yards out sailed over the goalkeeper and into the net.
- Olivet finished the game with 10 shots.
- Essen and Radcliffe each had three shots to go along with their goal.
- Sophomore Samantha Gifford picked-up the win in goal. She played all 90 minutes and made two saves.
- Amanda Nething netted the Heidelberg goal.
- Mandy Hines recorded two of the seven shots for Heidelberg.
- Amanda Farmer was the losing keeper. She allowed the three goals and collected four saves.
- The Comets will play three of their next four games at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet. The first is Friday afternoon at 4 p.m. against Elmhurst (Ill.) College.