OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's soccer team was shutout by Elmhurst (Ill.) College, 2-0, this afternoon inside the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Elmhurst 2, Olivet 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Elmhurst 4-0-1 overall, Olivet 3-2-1 overall
- The Blue Jays scored their goals in a two and one-half minute span.
- The first goal came after a shot clanged off the far post and an Elmhurst gathered the ball, and sent her shot into the goal.
- The second goal was off a corner kick, where the player headed the ball into the net at the far post.
- Olivet had a couple good scoring chances but each time the shot was stopped by the keeper.
- Olivet recorded nine shots in the game.
- Senior Emma Essen and sophomore Chelsie Smith led the way with three shots apiece.
- Two of Essen's shots were placed on-frame.
- Sophomore Samantha Gifford played all 90 minutes in goal and had three saves.
- MJ Lessila and Kennedy Irmen scored the goals.
- Brittany Reinhart assisted on both goals.
- Reinhard also tallied a team-high three shots.
- Sophia Tuliglowski picked-up the win in goal. She collected three saves to preserve the clean sheet.
- The Comets play a 3 p.m. game Sunday afternoon at Lawrence Tech.