SOUTHFIELD, Mich. – The Olivet College women's soccer team tied Lawrence Technological University, 1-1, in double overtime this afternoon at the LTU Athletic Field in Southfield.
Final Score: Olivet 1, Lawrence Tech 1 (2OT)
Location: LTU Athletic Field; Southfield, Mich.
Records: Lawrence Tech 3-3-1 overall, Olivet 3-2-2 overall
- The Blue Devils scored the only goal of the opening half in the 37th minute.
- The Comets tied the game in the 56th minute. Junior Abigail Radcliffe sent the ball to the feet of sophomore Grace White. She ran onto the ball and dribbled for a few yards before sending a shot from 30 yards out into the goal.
- LTU had a chance to take the lead in the 85th minute. Olivet was called for a foul in the box, setting-up a penalty kick for Alayne Nyboer. Sophomore goalkeeper Samantha Gifford dove to her left to keep the ball out of the goal.
- Neither team generated any scoring chances in either of the extra periods.
- Olivet tallied 11 shots in the game.
- Senior Emma Essen led the way with five shots, including three on-goal.
- Radcliffe and junior Ann Fetzer each had two shots.
- Gifford was in goal for all 110 minutes and collected nine saves.
- LTU recorded 14 total shots.
- Nyboer and Sarah Trapp finished with three shots apiece.
- In goal, Rebecca Almandoz made four saves.
- The Comets return home to face Defiance (Ohio) College Wednesday afternoon at 4:30 p.m.