ALBION, Mich. – The Olivet College women's soccer team suffered a 2-0 loss to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Albion College this morning on Alumni Field and inside the Davis Athletic Complex in Albion.
Final Score: Albion 2, Olivet 0
Location: Davis Athletic Complex; Albion, Mich.
Records: Olivet 7-5-2 overall, 3-3 MIAA; Albion 7-6-1 overall, 4-1 MIAA
- The Britons scored their first goal with just 11 seconds left in the first half.
- Albion stretched its lead to 2-0 with a goal only three minutes into the second half.
- Olivet tallied 12 shots in the game.
- Senior Emma Essen, junior Maya Prewitt and sophomore Grace White each took two shots.
- Sophomore Samantha Gifford was the losing goalkeeper. She played all 90 minutes and collected eight saves.
- Samantha LaRocca scored both goals.
- LaRocca and Emily Wolford each recorded three shots.
- Megan Bricely provided the clean sheet in goal and made four saves.
- Olivet travels to play Kalamazoo College next Tuesday, Oct. 16, at 7 p.m.