OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's soccer team fell to Calvin College, 2-0, in its Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) regular season finale today at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Calvin 2, Olivet 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 8-8-2 overall, 4-4 MIAA; Calvin 9-4-3 overall, 4-2-2 MIAA
- The Comets had a great chance to score in the 10th minute but the shot was saved by the goalkeeper. Another shot for Olivet sailed just wide right of the next in the 31st minute.
- The Knights scored their two goals in a span of just over a minute from the 31:37 mark to the 32:40 mark. Those were the first two shots put on-frame by Calvin.
- The Comets' lone shot-on-goal in the second half came in the second minute.
- Olivet tallied five shots in the game, including two for senior Emma Essen.
- Sophomores Samantha Gifford and Brooklyn Holley split time in goal. Gifford allowed the two goals and did not make a save in the first half. Holley had three saves, while playing in goal for the second half.
- Emily Van Vliet and Elizabeth Redford scored the goals.
- Van Vliet finished with three total shots, including a pair on-goal.
- Amy Kliewer picked-up the win in goal, making two saves in the complete game performance.
- The Comets will travel to play Albion College in a first-round game of the 2018 MIAA Tournament on Saturday. Game time at the Davis Athletic Complex in Albion is 1 p.m. Olivet will be looking to avenge a 2-0 loss to Albion earlier this season.