OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's and women's swimming & diving teams split Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association dual meets against Alma College today at the Upton Center Pool in Olivet.
- Men – Olivet def. Alma, 175.50-77.5
- Women – Alma def. Olivet, 148-99
HOW IT HAPPENED FOR THE MEN
- The Comets took first-place in 14-of-16 events.
- Olivet got off to a fast start with the 200-yard medley team Bryan Plesner, Zach Meharg, Kolton Epplett and Tom Decker edging out the Scot team by .37 seconds with a time of 1:49.22.
- Meharg then took first-place in the 1,000-yard freestyle in a career-best time of 10.44.43.
- Eric Wood led a 1-2-3 finish in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:50.52. Epplett was second at 2:03.90, followed by Decker in 2:10.85.
- Plesner tied for first-place in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 59.79 seconds.
- Tony Farmer touched first in the 100-yard breaststroke with a time 1:09.00.
- Wood helped the Comets finish 1-2-3 in the 50-yard freestyle at 22.77 seconds, followed by Gabe Collins at 23.95 seconds and Ian Bishop at 24.78 seconds.
- Dalton Miner won the 1-meter diving with 175.15 points.
- Collins was first in the 100-yard freestlye in 52.35 seconds.
- Plesner claimed first-place in the 200-yard backstroke with a time of 2:09.22.
- Farmer finished first in the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:33.33.
- Wood won his third individual event, touching the wall first in the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 5:03.72.
- Miner took first in the 3-meter diving with 182.60 points.
- Meharg earned the win in the 200-yard individual medley with a time of 2:10.09.
- The 200-yard freestyle realy team of Bishop, Collins, Decker and Wood capped the team's victory with a first-place time of 1:33.62.
HOW IT HAPPENED FOR THE WOMEN
- Olivet took first-place in five events.
- The Comets' 200-yard medley team of Samantha Butler, Keanalanimeleo'kekai Kunz, Sabrina Butler and Katie Hansel was declared the winner with a time of 2:07.16 after the Alma relay was disqualified for a false start.
- Freshman Ana Paula Montes de Oca won the 200-yard freestyle in 1:59.60.
- Sabrina Butler led a 1-2 finish in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 27.42 seconds. Hansel was second at 27.70 seconds.
- Delaney Graham helped Olivet finish 1-2 in the 100-yard freestyle. Her time was 58.46 seconds, followed by Hansel at 1:07.53.
- Abbie Slater took first-place on the three-meter diving board with 197.50 points. She was also second on the one-meter diving board with 187.90 points.
- Olivet returns to the pool next Saturday, Jan. 13, for a quad meet at Hillsdale College. In addition to the Chargers, Notre Dame College of Ohio and DePauw (Ind.) University are participating.