OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's and women's swimming & diving teams closed out the dual meet portion of their schedules with losses to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Albion College on Senior Day at the Upton Center Pool in Olivet. In the meet, freshman Ana Paula Montes de Oca broke the pool record in three events.
- Women – Albion def. Olivet, 135-77
- Men – Albion def. Olivet, 167-84
FOR THE WOMEN
- Montes de Oca broke the pool record with wins in the 200-yard butterfly, 2:12.05; and 200-yard freestyle, 1:57.65. She also took first-place in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 1:01.60. Also during the meet, Montes de Oca swam a time trial in the 500-yard freestyle and set a pool record with a time of 5:13.91.
- Abbie Slater took first-place on the one-meter (168.30) and three-meter (169.85) diving boards.
FOR THE MEN
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Bryan Plesner, Zach Meharg, Kolton Epplett and Eric Wood placed second with a time of 1:48.10.
- Wood touched the wall first in the 100-yard backstroke at 56.95 seconds. He also had the second-fastest time in the 100-yard butterfly at 58.04 seconds.
- Gabe Collins won the 100-yard breaststroke in 1:13.87.
- Dalton Miner finished second in the three-meter diving with 218.40 points.
- Before the meet, Olivet recognized its lone senior, Emma Cole, who swam in her final home meet at the Upton Center Pool.
- Olivet competes at the 2018 MIAA Swimming & Diving Championships Feb. 21-24 at the Venema Aquatic Center in Grand Rapids.