Oct 26, 2018
HOLLAND, Mich. – The Olivet College men's and women's swimming & diving teams kicked-off the 2018-19 season by competing in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Relays, hosted by Hope College and at the Holland Aquatic Center.
- The 3x500-yard freestyle relay team of Cade Erickson, Zach Meharg and Eric Wood finished in third-place with a time of 15:23.88.
- The 500-yard progressive relay team of Zachary Knott, Erickson, Bryan Plesner and Wood placed fourth in 4:29.40.
- The placements in these relays was among the "A" relays for each school.
- Knott advanced to the knock-out round of the 50-yard breaststroke, finishing in seventh-place with a time of 28.84 seconds.
- Wood swam in the knock-out round of the 50-yard freestyle, and placed sixth with a time of 22.64 seconds.
- The 400-yard individual medley relay team of Keanalanimeleo'kekai Kunz, Samantha Butler, Sabrina Butler and Delaney Graham finished in 4:54.82.
- The 500-yard progressive relay team of Kunz, Sabrina Butler, Amelia Tomalka and Graham stopped the clock at 5:32.72.
- The Comets make the trip to Euclid, Ohio, next Friday, Nov. 2, to swim at Notre Dame College. The men will compete against only the host Falcons, while the women will face Notre Dame, Hillsdale College and Ursuline (Ohio) College. The meet gets under way at 6 p.m.