OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's and women's swimming & diving teams hosted Hope College in Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) dual meets tonight at the Upton Center Pool in Olivet. The Comet men lost 122-99 to the Flying Dutchmen, and the Olivet women fell 113-96 to the Flying Dutch.
- Freshman Cade Erickson swept the distance freestyle events. He won the 1,000 freestyle in the seventh-fastest time in school history at 10:13.36 and the 500-yard freestyle in 5:00.03.
- Freshman Zachary Knott took first-place in the 200-yard breaststroke. He just missed a spot in the all-time top 10 list with a time of 2:16.22
- Senior Bryan Plesner had the second-fastest time and a personal-best in the 200-yard butterfly at 2:13.19, and the 200-yard backstroke at 2:14.47.
- Freshman Kayla Eichaker touched the wall first in 100-yard freestyle at 57.07 seconds. She also posted a personal-best and placed second in the 200-yard butterfly with a time of 2:23.69.
- Senior Samantha Butler finished second in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 1:09.16. Senior Delaney Graham was third at 1:10.77.
- Senior Abbie Slater had the second-most points on both diving boards, 157.10 on the one-meter and 172.30 on the three-meter.
- The Comets are now off until Thursday-Saturday, Nov. 29-Dec. 1 when they compete at the Carthage (Wis.) College Classic.