Dec 01, 2018
KENOSHA, Wis. – The Olivet College men's and women's swimming & diving teams participated in the three-day Carthage Classic at the Koenitzer Aquatic Center in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
- Men – 4th-place with 1,019.50 points
- Women – 9th-place with 472.50 points
- On Thursday night, Cade Erickson placed seventh in the 1,650-yard freestyle. His time, 17:00.14, ranks ninth all-time at Olivet, while his 1,000 split, 10:10.50, is the fifth all-time, and the 500 split, 4:59.95, was a season-best. Bryan Plesner posted a season-best 1,000 time as a split in the 1,650.
- Eric Wood finished in the top 10 in four individual events. On Friday, he was fourth in the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 47.44 seconds, just off his lifetime-best time of 47.37 seconds, and ninth in the 500-yard freestyle at 4:50.79. On Saturday, Wood won the 200-yard freestyle in a season-best time of 1:44.94, and fifth in the 50-yard freestyle at 21.92 seconds.
- Zachary Knott was seventh in the 200-yard breaststroke. In the prelims, he posted the seventh-fastest time in school history at 2:12.13. He also finished fifth in the 100-yard breaststroke in the eighth-fastest time in school history at 59.62 seconds.
- Cade Erickson placed 10th in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:49.97. He also touched the wall first in the "B" final in the 500 free with a time of 4:51.97.
- Zach Meharg won the "B" final in both the 400-yard individual medley and 200-yard butterfly with times of 4:35.12 and 2:11.06, respectively.
- On Thursday night, Delaney Graham completed the 1,650-yard freestyle in a lifetime-best at 20:27.77.
- On Friday night, Kayla Eichaker finished fifth in the 100-yard freestyle and sixth in the 100-yard butterfly. Her preliminary times of 54.61 in the free ranks sixth-fastest all-time at Olivet, and 59.88 in the fly is fourth-fastest all-time at OC. On Saturday, she was 10th in both the 400-yard individual medley and 50-yard freestyle. During the prelims, Eichaker clocked-in with the fifth-fastest time at OC in the 400 IM, 4:56.99, and the seventh-fastest time in the 50 free, 25.27.
- Keanalanimeleo'kekai Kunz had the fastest time in the "C" final of the 200-yard breaststroke and her time was a personal-best at 2:52.41. She also posted a personal-best time of 1:17.62 in the prelims of the 100-yard breaststroke.
- Graham placed seventh in the 100-yard individual medley at 1:07.20.
- Olivet's next competition is Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019, at Alma College.