BATTLE CREEK, Mich. – The Olivet College women's tennis team suffered a close 5-4 loss to Indiana University-South Bend today at Minges Creek Athletic Club in Battle Creek.
Final Score: IU-South Bend 5, Olivet 4
Location: Minges Creek Athletic Club; Battle Creek, Mich.
Records: Olivet 0-7 overall, IU-South Bend 2-1 overall
- The Titans won 2-of-3 doubles flights to take the early 2-0 lead. The Comets won the first two singles matches to go ahead 3-2 before IU-South Bend won the next two singles flights to take the lead back 4-3. Olivet evened the team score with a hard-fought win at No. 4 singles. The Titans claimed the win with a two-set victory at No. 6 singles.
- Freshman Jordin Ellens and Haley Eversole picked-up Olivet's doubles point at the No. 3 slot. They needed a tiebreaker to win the pro-set 9-8 (9).
- At No. 1 singles, junior Miranda Pier won her first set 6-2 before her opponent won the second set 6-4. She came back to win the super-tiebreaker, 10-7, for the third set.
- At No. 2 singles, senior Rae Claramunt posted a straight-set victory, 6-3, 6-2.
- Sophomore Keely Cruz needed to win tiebreakers win her two sets, 7-6 (4), 7-6 (3) at No. 4 singles.
- The Comets travel to Chicago to play North Park (Ill.) University Saturday, March 2, at 6 p.m. ET.