OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's and women's track & field teams hosted Albion, Alma and Aquinas colleges for a quad meet today at the Cutler Athletic Complex and on the Kolassa Track in Olivet. The Comet men totaled 143 points to finish in third-place. The Comet women had 106 points to place fourth.
FOR THE MEN
- Bruce Baker was the first runner to cross the finish line in the 3,000-meter run, clocking-in at a school-record time of 8:57.14.
- Noah Bailey took first-place in the 400-meter dash (50.98). He also claimed the top spot in the long jump (6.64m).
- Tyler Chavalia posted season-best times to win the 100-meter dash (10.85) and 200-meter dash (22.32).
- Dewan Hawthorne placed second in the 400-meter hurdles (58.20).
- The 4x100-meter relay quartet of Chris Womack, Chavalia, Jaylin Alexander and Devin Pascavage had the fastest time at 43.87 seconds.
- The 4x400-meter relay team of Bailey, Hawthorne, Robert Barnett and Denzel Ray was the runner-up finisher at 3:24.58.
- Jacob Smith finished third in the discus throw (43.20m) and fourth in the shot put (14.05m).
- Kory Slaby placed fourth in the javelin throw (39.57m).
FOR THE WOMEN
- Isabelle Leon was third in the 1,500-meter run (5:11.49) and sixth in the 800-meter run (2:28.20).
- Nicole Zerfas finished third in the 3,000-meter steeplechase and broke the school record with a time of 12:13.16.
- Abigail Gaines finished sixth in the 3,000-meter run (11:52.48).
- Jessica Taylor placed sixth in the 400-meter hurdles (1:20.85).
- Ariel Floyd won the discus throw (36.52m) and hammer throw (42.13m), and was fourth in the shot put (10.47m).
- Michaela Kaliniak used a judge's decision to place second in the pole vault (3.20m).
- Zoe Feighner finished fifth in the javelin throw (23.66m).
- The Comets participate in the Grand Valley State University Al Owens Classic next Friday and Saturday, April 20-21.