UNIVERSITY CENTER, Mich. – For a second straight meet, the Olivet College men's and women's indoor track & field teams broke four school records. Today's meet was the Saginaw Valley State University "Doug Hansen" Open held inside the SVSU Fieldhouse in University Center.
- One week after breaking the record in the shot put, freshman Lillian Albaugh broke her own record in the event with a second-place toss of 42 feet, 5-1/2 inches. The mark was on her first of six tries.
- Sophomore Ariel Floyd set a school-record mark of 49 feet, 1-3/4 inches in the weight throw. She also placed fifth in the shot put (36 feet, 11-1/4 inches).
- Sophomore Samantha Torres ran the 200-meter dash in a personal-best indoor time of 29.38 seconds.
- Junior Noah Bailey broke the record in the long jump, leaping 22 feet, 5-1/4 inches, for a fourth-place finish. He posted the mark on his fifth of six jumps.
- Sophomore Jacob Smith achieved a school record in the shot put with a fifth-place mark of 48 feet, 1/2 inch on his second of six attempts.
- The 4x400-meter relay team of Bailey, Chris Womack, Kyle McDowell and Tyler Peck was fourth-fastest of the "A" relays with a time of 3:25.43.
- Freshman Joshua Johnson was fifth in the long jump (21 feet, 8-3/4 inches).
- Olivet participates in the Defiance (Ohio) College Invitational next Saturday, Jan. 26. Action gets under way at 11 a.m.