Apr 06, 2019
EAST LANSING, Mich. – The Olivet College men's and women's track & field teams competed at the two-day Michigan State University Spartan Invitational April 5-6 inside the Ralph Young Track in East Lansing.
- Senior Mark Smith was eighth in the 1,500-meter run with a time of 4:35.75.
- Sophomore Kyle Markley ran to a ninth-place finish in the 5,000-meter run with a time of 16:02.82.
- Junior Noah Bailey finished second in the triple jump with a 46 feet, 3/4 inch leap.
- Freshman Byron Pearce was fifth of 39 competitors in the shot put with a 53 feet, 1-1/2 inch toss, and seventh of 24 competitors in the javelin with a 139 feet, 2 inch toss.
- Sophomore Joshua Johnson placed eighth in the long jump with a 20 feet, 9-1/4 inch mark.
- Senior Kory Slaby had the ninth-best mark, 135 feet, 5 inches, in the javelin.
- Freshman Kaylee Richardson finished ninth in the 1,500-meter run with a time of 5:37.71.
- Sophomore Ariel Floyd placed ninth of 43 competitors in the hammer throw with a 153 foot toss.
- Olivet will participate in a triangular meet next Friday, April 19, at Albion College. The third participating school is Alma College.