HOLLAND, Mich. – The Olivet College men's and women's track and field teams placed sixth at the 2019 Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Field Day, hosted by Hope College and at the Gordon Brewer Track in Holland. The Comet men totaled 81 points, while the Comet women had 43 points.
- Freshman Kyle McDowell led a 1-2 Comet finish in the 400-meter dash with a time of 49.89 seconds. Sophomore Tyler Peck was right behind him in 50.14 seconds. Both were personal-best times.
- Senior Chris Womack won the 400-meter hurdles in a season-best time of 55.07 seconds.
- The 4x400-meter relay quartet of McDowell, Peck, Womack and junior Noah Bailey finished first in 3:20.38.
- Junior Jacob Smith finished runner-up in the discus throw (137 feet, 8 inches).
- Bailey placed third in the triple jump (46 feet, 1-1/2 inches).
- Freshman Bradley Hawkins was the bronze medalist in the javelin throw with a season-best mark of 145 feet, 11 inches.
- Junior Kory Slaby scored seventh-place points in the javelin (140 feet, inches).
1. Calvin 180, 2. Trine 137.5, 3. Hope 130.5, 4. Albion 129, 5. Adrian 99.5, 6. OLIVET 81, 7. Alma 20.5.
- Senior Michaela Kaliniak captured the MIAA title in the pole vault, clearing the bar at a school-record mark of 10 feet, 11-3/4 inches.
- Sophomore Ariel Floyd was third in the discus throw (131 feet, 7 inches).
- Freshman Lillian Albaugh scored an eighth-place point in the discus (115 feet, 9 inches).
- On the track, Olivet's 4x100- and 4x400-meter relay teams of Samantha Torres, Sarah Feldpausch, Jessica Taylor and Laura Tuttle had season-best times of 54.47 seconds and 4:28.33.
1. Hope 211, 2. Albion 157.5, 3. Albion 146, 4. Calvin 132.5, 5. Adrian 52, 6. OLIVET 43, 7. Alma 34.
- Olivet will send a select group of student-athletes to compete at a last chance meet. The exact meet has not been determined.