NOTRE DAME, Ind. – The Olivet College volleyball team fell to Saint Mary's (Ind.) College in a Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) match this evening at the Angela Athletic Center in Notre Dame, Indiana. The Belles won in three sets 25-20, 25-22, 25-18.
Final Score: Saint Mary's def. Olivet 25-20, 25-22, 25-18
Location: Angela Athletic Center; Notre Dame, Ind.
Records: Olivet 11-10 overall, 1-3 MIAA; Saint Mary's 9-10 overall, 1-2 MIAA
- Early in the first set, neither team led by more than two points. The Belles took the largest lead for either team at 18-15. The Comets closed the gap to two points, 19-17, before Saint Mary's close the set on a 6-3 run to win it 25-20.
- In the second set, Olivet held an 8-5 lead. The Belles answered with a 7-1 scoring run to go up 12-9. The Comets responded with their own 7-1 run to take the lead back, 16-13. Saint Mary's scored four straight points to re-gain the lead 17-16. The teams traded points to create three tied scores. Following the last one at 20-20, the Belles put the next two points on the scoreboard and did not look back for the rest of the set, winning it 25-22.
- There were seven tied scores to start the third set. After the final time at 7-7, the Comets went on a 5-0 run to gain a 12-7 lead. The Belles came back with a 6-1 run to level the score at 13-13. The teams exchanged points to create two more ties at 14-14 and 15-15. Saint Mary's ended the set on a 10-3 run for a 25-18 victory.
- Junior Brittney Prince led Olivet with 13 kills.
- Junior Morgan Champion added 10 kills.
- Junior Madelyn Notenbaum recorded a double-double with a team-leading 26 set assists to go along with a team-tying 16 digs.
- Junior Gabrielle Mundt also had 16 digs.
- Freshman Drue Mullin reached double figures in digs with 13.
- Sophomore Mia Parker tallied three service aces.
- Nicole Lukens led all players with 26 kills and 22 digs.
- Lindsey Pelletier finished with 12 kills and a .478 attack percentage.
- Morgan VanderWey dished out 45 set assists.
- Audrey Shannon collected 21 digs.
- Olivet hosts Adrian College Saturday morning at 11 a.m.