ALMA, Mich. – The Olivet College women's volleyball team fell to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) foe Alma College in four sets tonight inside the Art Smith Arena in Alma.
Final Score: Alma def. Olivet 23-25, 25-10, 25-20, 25-16
Location: Art Smith Arena; Alma, Mich.
Records: Olivet 12-11 overall, 2-4 MIAA; Alma 18-2 overall, 6-1 MIAA
- The Scots led by six points, 11-5, in the first set. The Comets chipped away at their deficit and eventually took a 15-14 lead. Olivet never trailed for the rest of the set.
- Alma led the second set from start-to-finish.
- The Comets scored the first two points of the third set. The Scots answered with a 3-0 run to go up 3-2. The teams traded points until Alma built a three-point lead, 8-5. Olivet came back to level the score twice at 10-10 and 11-11. The Scots scored the next point and never relinquished the lead for the rest of the set.
- Alma opened the fourth set on a 7-2 run. Olivet put the next point on the scoreboard before the Scots put five straight points up to go ahead 12-3. The Comets were never able to recover from the deficit.
- Junior Brittney Prince led Olivet with 17 kills.
- Freshman Drue Mullin added 11 kills, followed by juniors Audrey Lama and Morgan Champion with seven and six, respectively.
- Junior Madelyn Notenbaum dished out 36 set assists.
- Junior libero Gabrielle Mundt recorded 19 digs.
- Sara Majerle posted match-highs in kills (18) and digs (21).
- Katie Bush was next with 16 kills.
- Haley Ullrich finished with 12 kills.
- Haley Novak had a match-best 53 set assists.
- Olivet co-hosts a tournament with Albion College on Friday and Saturday. Friday's matches at The Cutler Event Center feature the Comets, University of Wis.-Eau Claire, Denison (Ohio) University and Finlandia University. Olivet plays Wis.-Eau Claire at 2 p.m., and Denison at approximately 8 p.m. The other matches are Wis.-Eau Claire vs. Finlandia at 4 p.m., and Denison vs. Finlandia at 6 p.m. On Saturday, University of Wis.-Platteville and Finlandia are at Olivet. The Comets face Finlandia at 10 a.m., followed by a match against Wis.-Platteville at approximately 2 p.m. The middle match is Finlandia vs. Wis.-Platteville.