HOLLAND, Mich. – The Olivet College volleyball team ended its season with a three-set loss (25-19, 25-14, 25-18) to Hope College today on DeVette-Van Wieren court and inside the DeVos Fieldhouse in Holland.
Final Score: Hope def. Olivet 25-19, 25-14, 25-18
Location: DeVos Fieldhouse; Holland, Mich.
Records: Olivet 14-15 overall, 2-6 MIAA; Hope 24-6 overall, 7-1 MIAA
- The Flying Dutch led the first set from start-to-finish, using two service aces and three kills to set on a 5-0 run.
- Hope led 4-1 in the second set. A kill by junior Madelyn Notenbaum and pair of aces from freshman Drue Mullin evened the score. After another tie at 5-5, the Flying Dutch went on a 9-1 run to take the lead and never relinquished it for the rest of the set.
- A kill by Mullin put Olivet ahead 1-0 in the third set. Hope scored the next points and eventually led by six points, 11-5. The Comets battled back with a 9-2 scoring spurt to go ahead, 14-13. The Flying Dutch answered with a 3-0 run and never trailed for the rest of the set.
- Junior Brittney Prince had a match-best 10 kills.
- Junior Morgan Champion was next with eight kills, followed by Mullin's six kills.
- Notenbaum recorded 23 set assists.
- Mullin tallied a match-high 14 digs.
- Emma DuMez slammed down a team-leading nine kills.
- Katie Rietberg had eight kills.
- Adair Cutler and Tracy Westra split setting duties, collecting 20 and 19 assists, respectively.
- Gabbi Vachon registered a team-high 13 digs.
- Prince finished the season with a .316 attack percentage, which breaks the single-season school record. Her 339 kills are the fourth-most for a season.