ADRIAN, Mich. – The Olivet College volleyball team fell to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Adrian College in four sets this morning at the Merillat Sport & Fitness Center in Adrian.
Final Score: Adrian def. Olivet 27-25, 18-25, 25-23, 25-17
Location: Merillat Sport & Fitness Center; Adrian, Michigan
Records: Olivet 12-6 overall, 2-3 MIAA; Adrian 5-10 overall, 1-3 MIAA
- The Comets had a four-point lead, 12-8, in the first set. The Bulldogs answered by scoring nine of the next 11 points to go ahead, 17-14. Olivet responded with a 5-0 run to take the lead back, 19-17. Adrian scored three straight points to regain the lead, 20-19. The Comets tied the match before the Bulldogs put two points on the scoreboard and did not relinquish the lead for the rest of the set.
- In the second set, Olivet used a 6-0 run to turn a 5-4 deficit into a 10-5 lead. Adrian fought back and closed the gap to a single point on two occasions. After the last time at 19-8, the Comets ended the set on a 6-0 run.
- Olivet led 7-3 in the third set until the Bulldogs went on a 5-0 run to go up 8-7. The teams traded points to create two tied scores. Following the final one at 9-9, Adrian scored the next point and did not trail for the remainder of the set.
- Neither team led by more than two points early in the fourth set. After a 6-6 tie, the Bulldogs went on a 4-0 run to make the score 10-6. Adrian led for the rest of the set.
- Senior Madelyn Notenbaum posted a triple-double – 10 kills, 23 set assists and 12 digs – to lead Olivet.
- Freshman Ellie Louiselle and senior Morgan Champion were next with nine kills each.
- Junior Audrey Lama tallied seven kills and a .300 attack percentage.
- Senior Gabrielle Mundt collected a match-high 27 digs.
- Madison Federmeyer was one of four players with double digit kills, as she slammed down a match-best 12.
- Alex Tobler had 11 kills, followed by Katelyn Bergman and Grace Welch with 10 apiece.
- Liz Susitko recorded 42 set assists.
- Megan Prsa finished with 17 digs.
- The Comets take a break from MIAA play next Wednesday, Oct. 16, when they welcome the Manchester (Ind.) University Spartans to the Cutler Event Center. First serve is at 7 p.m.