TECUMSEH, Mich. – The Olivet College men's and women's cross country teams finished in sixth- and eighth-place at the 2017 Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) Championships today at the Raisin Valley Golf Club in Tecumseh.
Location: Raisin Valley Golf Club; Tecumseh, Mich.
FOR THE COMET WOMEN (6K RUN)
- Olivet totaled 229 points. Hope College had five of the top eight finishers to claim the MIAA title with 20 points.
- Senior Nicole Zerfas ran the race in a season-best time of 25:08.6.
- Freshman Morgan Greenman also had a season-best at 25:35.0.
- Senior Abigail Gaines posted a personal-best time of 25:56.6.
- Junior Nicole Gilbert clocked-in with a PR at 26:07.4.
- Freshman Maisie Baker recorded a season-best time of 26:24.5.
- Junior Jessica Taylor notched a season-best at 26:44.9.
- Sophomore Maggie Graham completed the race in a season-best time of 29:12.5.
FOR THE COMET MEN (8K RUN)
- Olivet had 167 points to finish ahead of Adrian and only six points behind Alma College. Calvin had seven of the top nine runners to win the MIAA title with 22 points.
- Senior Bruce Baker was the first Comet to cross the line, as he placed 21st in 25:39.4.
- Junior Mark Smith posted a personal-best time of 26:13.8 to finish in 29th-place.
- Junior Brad Thomas also had a PR at 26:57.7.
- Freshman Jaden Costa finished in a season-best time of 27:31.4.
- Sophomore James Thurman recorded a life-time best at 28:32.8.
- Freshman Dewan Hawthorne and sophomore Justin Maidlow crossed the finish line in season-best times of 29:45.9 and 30:15.5, respectively.
- Olivet runs at the 2017 NCAA Division III Great Lakes Regional Saturday, Nov. 11 at Liberty Park in Powell, Ohio.