OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team ended its non-conference schedule with a 4-0 setback to Baldwin Wallace (Ohio) University this afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Baldwin Wallace (Ohio) 4, Olivet 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Michigan
Records: Baldwin Wallace 6-4 overall, Olivet 3-6-1 overall
- The Yellow Jackets used a strong first half to earn the win. BW tallied the four goals in the first minutes of play. Danny Ruple scored the first goal in the 20th minute and added another goal just 13 seconds later. The other two goals were by Joey Geither in the 31st minute and Jared Webb in the 40th minute.
- Olivet finished the game with six shots, landing two on-frame.
- Junior Dean Failer and freshman Noah Runnals recorded two shots apiece.
- Sophomore Andrew Aragon made eight saves in the complete game performance in goal.
- BW peppered the net with 26 shots, including 12 on-goal.
- Geither and Ruple each had four shots to go along with their goals.
- Patrick Mehal and Nolan Kellogg split time in goal. Mehal was in net for the first half and Kellogg in the second half. Both keepers made one save.
- Olivet is now off until Tuesday, Oct. 8, when it opens Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association play with a 4 p.m. game at Alma College.