OLIVET, Mich. – Each of the four seniors on the Olivet College women's soccer team either scored a goal or tallied an assist, as the Comets routed Finlandia University, 7-0, this morning in a non-conference contest at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Olivet 7, Finlandia 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Michigan
Records: Finlandia 9-5-1 overall, Olivet 5-6-2 overall
- Freshman Mary Mitchell got the scoring started in the 10th minute when she blasted a shot into the goal from 19 yards out.
- Senior Abby Radcliffe netted her first goal of the season with 59 seconds left until halftime. Junior Samantha Torres was credited with the assist.
- The Comets then scored three goals in a span of just over eight minutes of clock time.
- Senior Elle Chapin-O'Leary found the back of the net in the 51st minute. Senior Sarah Feldpausch passed the ball for the assist.
- Feldpausch sent her shot into the goal after receiving a pass from senior Maya Prewitt in the 56th minute.
- Radcliffe took a free kick in the 59th minute. She passed the ball to Mitchell who shot the ball into the goal for her team-leading sixth goal of the 2019 season.
- Olivet earned a corner kick in the 66th minute. Sophomore Kiley Schneck served the ball into the box at the near post, where freshman Alexis Lindstrom tapped the ball past the keeper.
- With six seconds remaining in the game, sophomore Amelia Northern's shot sailed into the net for the Comets' final goal.
- Twenty Olivet players saw action in the game.
- The Comets out-shot the Lions, 27-3, and had a 6-0 advantage in corner kicks.
- Mitchell led the way with five shots.
- Chapin-O'Leary and Feldpausch had four shots apiece.
- Junior Samantha Gifford played all 90 minutes in goal and stopped the only shot directed at her.
- Kirsten L'Esperance recorded two of three Finlandia shots. Both were off free kicks.
- Samantha Linteo suffered the goalie loss. She made eight saves.
- Olivet's seven goals ties for the eight-most in school history for a game.
- The seven-goal margin of victory also ties for eighth-best in program history.
- Today's game marked the second all-time meeting between the two schools. The Comets won the previous meeting, 10-0, on September 16, 2008.
- It was Chapin-O'Leary's and Lindstrom's first collegiate goal.
- It was the first goal this season for Feldpausch, Northern and Radcliffe.
- Olivet welcomes Kalamazoo College to the Cutler Athletic Complex Tuesday afternoon. First touch is at 4 p.m.