ADRIAN, Mich. – The Olivet College track & field teams participated today in the Don Kleinow Memorial Invitational, hosted by Siena Heights University and at the O'Laughlin Stadium in Adrian. At the meet, there were many personal-best performances, including two school records.
FOR THE WOMEN
- Junior Abigail Gaines broke the school record in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 13:05.81.
- Junior Michaela Kaliniak set the school record in the pole vault, clearing the bar at 10 feet.
- Sophomore Kimberly Barber recorded a season-best distance of 16 feet, 7-3/4 inches in the long jump.
- Junior Isabelle Leon placed fifth in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:26.11.
- Sophomore Nicole Sebok posted a personal-best time of 20:34.89 in the 5,000-meter run.
- Sophomore Jessica Taylor had career-best performances of 2:40.01 in the 800-meter run and 68 feet, 5 inches in the javelin.
- Senior Brianna Wiles won her heat of the 400-meter run in a lifetime-best time of 1:02.46.
- Junior Nicole Zerfas clocked-in with a personal-best time of 5:19.70 in the 1,500-meter run.
- The 4x100-meter relay quartet of Barber, Wiles, Leon and Kaliniak posted a season-best time of 53.77 seconds.
- The 4x400-meter relay team of Wiles, Zerfas, Leon and Barber finished the race in 4:12.54.
FOR THE MEN
- Freshman Jaylin Alexander completed the 100-meter run in a career-best time of 11.65 seconds in the preliminaries.
- Freshman Noah Bailey completed the 400-meter run in a personal-best time of 52.01 seconds and leaped a personal-best distance of 20 feet, 9 inches in the long jump.
- Junior Bruce Baker crossed the finish line in the 5,000-meter run in a season-best time of 15:23.16.
- Senior Connor Bauserman led a pack of six Comets in the 800-meter run with a time of 1:54.12. Also in the race, senior Blake Wilson had a season-best time, while freshmen Zach Meharg and James Thurman posted personal-best times.
- Freshman Seth Foster posted a lifetime-best mark of 17 feet, 8 inches in the long jump and time of 26.28 seconds in the 200-meter dash.
- Junior Mitchell Smith posted a personal-best distance of 44 feet, 1-1/2 inches in the shot put.
- Wilson had a career-best throw of 125 feet, 6 inches in the javelin.
- Olivet is off until next Friday and Saturday, April 21-22, when it travels to Allendale for the Al Owens Classic at Grand Valley State University.